Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another non picture post

Today, something happened that should be in a movie... only I would never want to relive it!

The wretched and horrible cats (to adopt one please call) have taken to catching mice and birds. Brandon and I found parts of a mouse during his visit and I've seen bird feathers here and there. I try really hard to just clean it up and then forget. FORGET AND IGNORE. I mean after all even in a vegetarian household, I guess cats will be cats.

So...today I am cleaning the downstairs bathroom in prepartion for my guest ...Dr. Bloomingtonaut and I look sideways at Emory who has some fluff in his hand. I turn around and don't notice him any more only to feel the fluff going down my pants. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A DEAD MOUSE. Yes Emory put a dead mouse down my pants.

I don't know what this says, is it an omen? Is my child becoming one of the three stooges? Do I need to wear less saggy pajamas? All I can say is I have never gotten naked faster. I started screaming and jumping around. Emory thought it was a great game and did the same. Somehow we left the bath room.

I know several things. First I have to face the dead mouse in the bathroom and clean it up. Second, I have to disinfect the bathroom and well, maybe the whole house. And third, I think that anybody having a celebration soon will be receiving a beautiful housecat as a present! They are perfect for baby showers, dissertation celebrations, and medical board celebrations. Serena's first birthday is coming up! Purrrfect.

I think everybody can understand why there is no picture for this post.

7 Comments:

At 11:24 PM , Blogger The Krentz Family said...

I did not post this on the blog, but one of the reasons I desperately needed to paint the stairwell was to cover up the BLOOD stains from the several mice Obie has caught, tortured, and left to wreck havoc on the house before we can catch it and take it out of its misery. There is still a blood stain under my baby's crib from a mauled mouse caught a month ago. It took us a week to find it in the first place! Yuck yuck yuck. But I think a dead mouse down your pants beats it all as the most horrible thing ever. YUCK!! How horrible!!

 
At 1:37 AM , Blogger Dr. Hausfrau said...

Great story! Poor you!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

OH YUCK!! Once my cat left the head of a vole on my pillow as I was sleeping. But I think this is worse! But it might be worth it for the story??

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger HoosierKitty said...

Life with an obligate carnivore has its moments. If they didn't kill the mice you'd think they were useless cats. The unnatural part is having the dead mouse in your pants. You have my complete sympathy for that part. :)

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger TemporaryLibrarian said...

That Emory! He's got a great future in Kindergarten!

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Anica and Aaron said...

Gross Gross Gross!!! That is awful Andrea! One of our little 3 year old friends picked up a dead bird in the yard and was waving it around before we made him drop it and ran him into the house to wash up.

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

Thank you so much for the lovely gift idea for Serena, but I think we have enough pet drama in our house to make a soap opera. Between a cat that thinks the entire house is a giant litter box and a dog that jumps 15 feet off our deck to chase a chipmunk, we're all set in the pet department :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home