Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cleaning


The trick to cleaning with Emory is that I have to clean faster than he messes it up. Otherwise, well what's the purpose? I used to handle this by sitting Emory in front of 30 min of Baby video in the morning. But, my father has totally freaked me out about TV watching so I've gotten Gabe to get rid of the upstairs TV and put in an Ipod station. I'm sure this is very good for Emory's language and music development, but now I have the cleaning issue. Where does good hygine fall in importance level for toddler development? This morning I spent a half an hour cleaning the kitchen while Emory was SUPPOSED to be playing with trucks. What was he doing?????? Not playing with trucks.



So I stopped working the kitchen and came to the dining room to clean up the tea. In the meantime, Emory went into the kitchen and dumped an entire box of BAKING SODA on the floor. It was at that point that I decided it would be better to go for a walk. The house wouldn't be any cleaner....but it wouldn't be any worse either.

I really think this is ALL my father's fault and it is up to him to get me a cleaner. (Are you reading this Dad?)

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM , Blogger The Krentz Family said...

I'm with you on this one. Sometimes I just wonder why I ever use dishes at all given the effort I put in everyday to get them clean again. Or, why I ever put Ellie's toys away at night when the next morning they are strewn across the floor in a matter of seconds. But let me tell you-- you don't need a house cleaner (once a week?? Once a month?? are you kidding? that hardly would put a dent in things), you need a WIFE.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home