Thursday, July 19, 2007

More anticipation


Today Gabe and I discussed the reading of the new Harry Potter book. The options were many. I could read it first and then struggle not to talk about it for a while. Gabe could read it first and struggle with me trying to steal and hide the book from him. We could get two copies. We have decided to read it together out loud every night. Gabe is concerned that I will not be able to stop from "peeking" during the day. I am too. The solution? We are going to lock it up during the day. Ohhh the sweet sweet anticipation. It is a little humbling to think...even if you are the Queen of England or a star in the movies or an ordinary (yet quite extraordinary) teacher...you have to wait until Sat at 12:01 AM. Unless I guess you are JK Rowling's editor. I wonder if they have to sign confidentiality papers. In my case...we are waiting until Sat afternoon because it is being delivered. (Unlike babies- you do know when the mail is coming!!)

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM , Blogger TemporaryLibrarian said...

notice how blogging has slowed down as we all pour over book 7?

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Molly said...

I haven't read one harry potter book......am I a bad person? Glad you linked up to my blog (that hasn't been updated in about 2 weeks). I am in Amherst visiting my family. We should totally get the kids together for play time....we could have beer. Seems silly that we don't - being we are so close. I had a blast visiting with Ursi and Elena a couple of weeks ago - we really need to get them out to CO for a visit!
Molly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home