Sunday, May 13, 2007

LARGE BABY




At a recent doctor's appointment Emory was found to be 21 pounds and 28 inches long. This puts him in the 90% of height and weight and puts us in a dillemma. His car seat only goes to 22 pounds, but he are soon travelling to Mass. and it would be really really nice to use the car seat that clips into the stroller.

Do I 1) buy a new car seat and deal with the details, 2) hope that when they wrote that 22 pound limit they were just being overlly careful, or 3) put the baby on a diet hoping to slow down his growth just a tad?

The doctor's appointment was NOT what I would call a good time. Emory took one look at Dr. Knott and immediatly started with his pouting face which I thought was very funny because we so rarely see it. It got progressively less funny when he escalated to a resounding scream. Dr. Knott was forced to sit in the corner with a clipboard covering his face while I tried to ask my 15 questions. The funniest part of the appointment was when Dr. Knott asked me if he was a happy baby. I couldn't hear because Emory was screaming in my ear and I had to say "What??" Three times. When he finally got his meaning across after a version of charades I said, "Oh yes he's the best baby. He hardly every makes a noise!"

But really the most amusing part of the whole experience was when we went to see Gabe's doctor a week later. The baby seemed to recognize what a small windowless room with a horizontal table means and ...bam...out came the lower lip and tears.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

great pics! we check your website every day. emory weighs almost as much as shilah-- i can't believe it! see you soon!

aimee

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Dr. Hausfrau said...

Your posts are really funny, Andy!
I can't wait until school is over so I get more of them!!

love, auntie katy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home