Sunday, March 25, 2007

Work day!


Gabe is giving me a work day today. I am reevaluating my life science curriculum. Right now we are teaching the human body systems which is about 1/8 of the overall State Standards for biology in the middle school. I think it is very lacking leaving out ...ohh...cells, DNA, and most importantly Evolution.
So my new curriculum, which to be honest uses a lot of the same ideas and plans, is organized around the central and unifying theme of biology- evolution.
Some things that I am very excited about are; the upcoming Discovery series on PLANET EARTH, some new books on concept teaching, My book on Best Practices for gifted Students and YOU TUBE. I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover it. Anyway...check out the amazing video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H1S9d5h-Ps. The picture above is from it. It is called the Inner Life of Cells.

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

That video was so cool!!!

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Andrea Pless said...

I Know!!! I can't wait to show it next year to the kids.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home