Friday, May 01, 2009

Hmmm...priorities


This was going to be a blog about how I've grown with having two children. Now I can multitask with the best of them. I put away laundry while giving Emory a bath, nurse while eating, and clean while doing ANYTHING (or everything). But then I was putting Emory to bed and I realized that while I had given him a bath, put on fresh pajamas, read several books to him, and listened while he "read" some to me, I had missed an important step....


I FORGOT TO FEED HIM DINNER!

I feel like I failed some kind of basic mothering test. What kind of parent am I who manages to read to the toddler but forgets to insert basic nutrition? What kind of kid doesn't remind me to feed him?

Ok...a late dinner of yogurt and toast never hurt anyone.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

well, when all your kids eat is one pea for dinner (I'm referring to my own of course), it's easy to forget to feed them.
what a great picture!!

 
At 5:04 AM , Blogger Dr. Hausfrau said...

Andy, I think you're doing great!!!

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger HoosierKitty said...

You're feeding his mind. If he was really hungry he would have let you know one way or another. Keep on reading!

 
At 11:33 PM , Blogger The Krentz Family said...

ha ha-- I had to stop myself tonight after Elena's bath to remember whether I had remembered to feed her. I wasn't sure if the 5 pm nibble on a bagel counted as dinner, so I gave her some ovaltine and called it a night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home