Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kids say the funniest things

To take an example from Aimee's blog, kids say the funniest things.

This past weekend, I was at Home Deopt with Emory for some boy time. We were looking for some rope, and were walking down the gardening isle. There was a woman with her daughter looking at shovels; She had short hair and was wearng a hat. We were the only people in the isle, and as we walk by Emory looks at this woman and says very loud:

"Daddy, what is that man doing?"

I sped up a little, and as we got past her, she looked at us sideways and Emory says again, this time a little louder in case I did not hear him the first time, "what is that MAN doing Daddy".

Then, yesterday, Andrea was doing some work downstairs and Emory, Lily and I were upstairs. Our gate was closed and Emory wanted to go see mama. I told him that mommy would be up soon and he blurts out, "I have been waiting for mama for 2 times already!"

Lastly, Emory was 'petting' me with a cardboard wrapping paper roll last night and I asked him to stop and so, naturally, he did it again. I took the roll from him and put it out of reach. He got upset, and then, after some coaxing, he asked nicely for it. Before handing it too him, I asked him if he was going to hit daddy with it...."No" was his reply...learning from my past mistakes, I asked him what he is going to do with it..."Hit Mommy" was his reply.

Gotta love kids!

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

That is so cute! I've been trying to document what Shilah says so we can look back on it when she's older (or bribe her when she's a teenager).

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

So funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home