Saturday, February 03, 2007


One of the best parts about our trip was being able to see my granmother and show her Emory. We visited her in Salem and brought her some flowers, but as soon as she saw the baby she said, "Well shoot, I'd rather have that little baby than any old flowers." Grandma has three other great grand children, one of whom started college this year!






We had a great visit and she assured me that she could tell that his eyes were going to be brown and that he was also going to be very smart.










Salem, Indiana is one of the most beautiful places on earth. (Except perhaps in the summer when it is 100 degrees and 98% humidity!) My family has had a farm there for many years (since the early 1800's.) I always get a little sad when I go back because it reminds me of so many wonderful times gone by. It seems strange that Emory will never be able to have Christmas on the farm, or take a walk with the cows. However nostalgic I feel though, I don't think I'm ready to leave Colorado. Emory will just have to grow up with mountains in the backyard instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home