Saturday, October 18, 2008

Llama Trauma!




With some of my birthday money (Thanks Evie and Orion!) I got two new books for Emory that I have been coveting. "Llama Llama Mad at Mama!" and "Llama Llama Red Pajamma!" We went home read them them but the second one became very traumatic for Emory. Yesterday when we were reading it he identified so much with the plot he started crying and wailing, and he needed to be comforted and told over and over that Baby llama was "OK". We talked about it a lot last night and went over and over the story. Today he was frantic to read it again, so I asked Gabe to get the camara and video the event. He doesn't seem quite as upset, but we might put this one on the shelf for a while! I will never again doubt the power of books.

Now "Llama llama Mad at Mama" he loves! he says, "Llama is MAD. MAD AT MAMA. LLAMA doesn't want to shop at shop o RAMA." It is a great book.

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger The Krentz Family said...

That is amazing!! His language is so great! And what a great book! I can't believe he understands so much! I love the arm around your neck halfway through. That is a precious video.

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger TemporaryLibrarian said...

Oh, I want to use this with my class (if I ever get to teach it again!) So much is going on - and you are clearly raising a reader!

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Dr. Hausfrau said...

Marga loved it until she unrolled most of the scotch tape and I took it away. Now she is MAD AT MAMA. She wants to know why Emory has such a great childhood and hers is RUINED forever because she can't have the tape!

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger HoosierKitty said...

How beautiful to see you reading with Emory. I'm at the desk so I'll have to listen later. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home