Saturday, September 20, 2008

A night out!

Last night Andrea and I went to see a move; Burn after reading. I thought it was a great movie and it was very enjoyable to get to see it with my wife. We had one of Andrea's students watch Emroy when we went out. Emory was already in bed by the time the sitter got here and it worked out fine. While in transport, we were reminiscing about baby sitting while growing up, and we realized that wages haven't increased like everything else has; the going rate is still about $3 an hour.

On the way home I had a realization...I was getting ready to pay for a baby sitter...the 1st time in my life that I am paying for a sitter. After remembering doing it myself, it made me feel old to be the person paying. Just an observation we had on the way home from our great night on the town!

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM , Blogger Dr. Hausfrau said...

WHAT??? 3 dollars an hour??? We pay 8-10 Euro (1 euro=1.55 dollars). GAK!!

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger The Krentz Family said...

Seriously! We pay the same as Katy-- $12/hour! Then again, our sitters are usually college students.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

Shanti & Aimee are the cheap way to go-- FREE! Seriously, please call us so we can return all the babysitting jobs you've done for us :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home